Woonona High School has implemented an innovative program for Year 12 which focuses on high expectations through building aspirations in order to raise achievement.
The year 12 program involves
- A Senior School Coordinator whose role is to track, support and mentor every HSC student
- A HSC study centre in the library runs after school three days a week
- Study sessions in subjects run throughout school holidays to prepare students for the Trial HSC and HSC and the library is also open for private study at these times
- A monitoring report on student progress is issued every 5 weeks across all subjects for students
- Parent workshops are conducted throughout the HSC year
- Study skills workshops and motivational speakers are organised for Year 12
- All Year 12 students are assigned a teacher mentor who they meet with every fortnight.