Woonona High School proudly unveiled its brand new purpose-built dance studio in 2016. We currently offer the following Dance courses and extra-curricular opportunities for students to study, appreciate and enjoy:
- Year 7 Creative and performing arts enrichment class
- Year 8 Interest Elective: Dance
- Year 8 Interest Elective: Circus skills
- Year 9 Dance Elective
- Year 10 Dance Elective
- Year 11 Preliminary Dance Elective
- Year 12 HSC Dance Elective
- Annual Variety Night Concert
- Community Performances: Thirroul Festival, Spring Into Corrimal, Primary Schools, Local Fetes, IRT
- Dance company
- South Coast Dance Festival
- Southern Stars
- Schools Spectacular
Dance electives are currently offered to students in Years 8-10. These electives explore the concepts of performance, composition, and appreciation of dance as an art form through practical and theoretical workshops. Furthermore, students have the opportunity to continue studying Dance in Stage 6 to complete the 2 Unit HSC Dance course.
CAPA enrichment class
In Year 6, students are able to apply for the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) enrichment class, which allows Year 7 students to develop their interest and skills in Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts further.
An application form and information is available at Year 7 CAPA Enrichment Class. More information and news about Creative and Performing Arts Opportunities can be found on the Arts page.